To open a bank account in the United Kingdom, some documents must be provided to the bank, while others may be requested.
- Documents to be provided:
- A valid ID document: ID card, passport, driving license…;
- A proof of residence: EDF bill, phone bill, rental contract…; and
- A proof of income: pay slips, bank statements, tax form…
- Documents that may be requested (especially for non-British citizens):
- An employment contract or a letter from the employer.
- A letter from the university.
Please note that the British bank may check the credit history of new clients.
Lawfirm Cabinet BRAHIN
Nicolas BRAHINI Avocat
Master’s Degree in Banking and Financial Law
1, Rue Louis Gassin
06300 NICE (FRANCE)
Tel : +33 493 830 876 / Fax : +33 493 181 437