To open a bank account in the United Kingdom, certain documents must be provided to the bank concerned, while others may be requested.
- Documents to be provided:
- A valid identity document: identity card, passport, driving license… ;
- Proof of address: EDF bill, telephone bill, rental contract, etc.; and
- Proof of income: pay slips, bank statements, tax form…
- Documents that may be required (especially for non-UK citizens):
- An employment contract or letter from the employer.
- A letter from the university.
It should be noted that the British bank can check the credit history of new customers.
Lawfirm Cabinet BRAHIN
Nicolas BRAHINI Avocat
Master’s Degree in Banking and Financial Law
1, Rue Louis Gassin 06300 NICE (FRANCE)
Tel : +33 493 830 876 / Fax : +33 493 181 437